Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gorilla Dream

Every morning Wesley comes in our room, wakes me up by saying "Good morning!", climbs on the bed and asks for yogurt and cartoons and we all just hang out in bed for a while (I'm usually feeding Oliver about that time), and he starts his daily routine of loving and kissing all over his brother.

Yesterday morning he came in... said nothing and just said he needed "covers" then a pillow and was passed right back out. I was wondering why I was so tired and fell right back to sleep too. Then about an hour later I woke up to Oliver crying and saw that it was still only 8:30am.

Oliver woke Wesley up too and I asked him why he came in our bed that morning and went back to sleep and he said "Because those big black things in my room."

Of course I was like "what in the world is he talking about?!"

So I asked him more about these "black things" and he starts telling me that there were big black gorillas sleeping in his floor and they scared him and he screamed, but that mommy and daddy came in there and got the gorillas out of his room.

All day yesterday we kept having to tell him that there are NO gorillas in his room that they are all at the zoo and can't get out. 

Poor kid. As far as we know this was his 1st nightmare. And Charlie had to lay down with him in his room for him to go to sleep last night. But, today he hasn't mentioned the gorillas so I think he's over it already. I guess I'll see when I put him in bed tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment