Friday, April 9, 2010

Wes gets a shot!

So yesterday we took Wes to the Dr. for the 1st time in a looong time! It is so exciting to be able to say that since between the ages of 10months and 23months I felt like I was there CONSTANTLY thanks to daycare.

Anyways he went for a SHOT!

Why did he need a shot?

Well he can thank Oliver :)

When we took Oliver back to have his Jaundice checked the Dr. said Wes needed to be vaccinated for the H1N1 since GA is currently #1 and NC #2 in outbreaks with SC not far behind at #4. Oliver is too young for the vaccine so the only way we can keep him safe is by all of us getting it. I don't usually get him the flu shot or whatnot because I've never gotten it (and I'm not convinced they actually do anything) but I know its super dangerous for Oliver to catch so I figured it was probably best.

So that afternoon when we got home I sat him down and told him the following week he was going to have to go to the Dr. to get a shot so that he wouldn't get sick and get baby Oliver sick and he simply said "Okay!"

So during the week he has known he was going to the Dr and yesterday was the day.

We got into the office and sit down where Wes notices a little girl with a nintendo and you can believe he was right there beside her. Her mom asked me if he was sick and I said
"No he's just here for a shot."

Seriously all the mom's in there gave me the same look my mom gave me when I said the word "shot" in front of Wes in front of her... I totally got the
"Is she crazy?"
look for 3 mom's in there lol. They just looked at me and I said
"O he knows what he's here for... He's excited!"
"Excited?"
"Well he knows he's getting it to keep his baby brother from getting sick so he's all for it... aanndd he knows he gets a sucker afterwards"

But really "excited" was the word he used... not me

We get called back... by the same nurse that called me back many a times when I was little... and Wes goes skipping in all happy lol. The nurse says:
"Someone is happy"
Then mumbles to me:
"But he might not be for long"
Once again I find myself saying
"O no he knows what he's here for. He's excited..." etc etc
She says:
"Really?!"
I say
"Yep! Thats what he said"
"Wes what are you here for?"
He puts his hand on his arm and says
"A shot in my arm!"
Well then the nurse promises stickers to go along with the sucker!

Me and the Wes man are sitting in the room and I am FREAKING out!!

I ask Wes if I can hold his hand and get
"no you can not hold my hand!"

Seriously?!
lol

The nurse comes in... grabs and holds his arm under her's and BAM! in it goes... and just as quick as it went in it came out...

Man she's fast.

And what is Wes' response?
"Ow??"
and with some attitude... like "ya'll didn't say it was going to hurt!" lol

He gets stickers and a sucker and was a happy boy showing off his band aid
Which was purple with some rainbows, flowers, hearts Etc lol

Of course the 1st question everyone asks him afterwards?

Did you cry??

Wes's response
"Ugh No? Duh?"

lol

I love that kid... He is definitely his mama's child lol



No comments:

Post a Comment