Saturday, June 12, 2010

More confessions

#1
Yesterday I took Oliver out in leg warmers.
Yep.
And I don't feel bad about it one bit. 
He looked super cute 
These are the ones he wore out. But he had on an orange shirt
And never once did anyone think he was a girl.
I personally think they are awesome and am in the process of ordering him 5 more pair!
I got so much crap about getting them for him when I was pregnant.
These are his pirate ones and he has a blue & white striped pair and a brown pair with trucks. 
I think they'll be perfect when he starts crawling and I already have an awesome urban shoot all planned in my head for him when he's a bit older in a pair of leg warmers, shorts on and a cute t-shirt.
 It'll be so cute!!
I have at least 2 other shoots planned out with him in them too :)
Granted Charlie thinks I'm crazy for putting them on him but have you seen some of the things Charlie picks out to wear?! haha

#2
I gave in and gave Oliver cereal this morning in his bottle.
He's just been spitting up way to much. Going through 3 & 4 bibs at a time.
So far so good.
He barely spit up this morning and has not worn a bib since he ate!!
He's been super happy all morning smiling like crazy and just being silly.
Seriously this picture just reeks of perfection!

So we'll keep trying that for now. He only gets 1tsp per 2 oz and he drinks 6oz every 5hrs. So its not a whole lot.
Hopefully it'll work and we don't have to go to a GI or anything like that.
I felt uncomfortable buying the cereal.
I wanted Charlie to do it but he waited to late and had to go to work.
I didn't want anyone to think I was one of "those moms" that give their babies cereal early just to make them sleep longer.
I'm so against that. 
Seriously stop being lazy!
If you're going to have a baby then you have to be willing to get up.
It comes with the job 
Anyways that's just my opinion. I'd rather get up with my babies then cause them harm from cereal... just like I'd rather get up with them instead of letting them sleep on their bellies and put them at a higher risk of SIDS.

So if you're reading this and you're one of "those moms"... whether I know you or not... I think you're lazy.

#3
Yesterday I felt extremely overwhelmed
Its the 1st time in my 3yrs 7months 3wks and 2days of being a mother that I really wanted to freak out!
I'm not sure why.
Maybe it was PMS (lol)
Oliver would not sleep yesterday... at all
I finally got him to sleep and Wes woke him up!
Wes was driving me crazy!
Wrecking through everything in the house and it seemed like he would not be quiet for 2 seconds!
I just wanted 30 seconds to myself. 
Which I can't even get in the bathroom.... Wes follows me every time I go in there.
I love my kids something fierce but yesterday I just needed a minutes break.
I didn't get it.
I never do.
But that's ok.
That's the life of a SAHM right?
I got over it and snuggled Oliver nice and tight in bed late last night.

But yesterday was yesterday and today is today.
And today I'm not overwhelmed.
And I probably won't be tomorrow either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment