Tuesday, August 24, 2010

O crafts how I love thee

There are many things in life that make me happy but I'd have to say my top 3 are:
(in no particular order)

Wesley randomly telling me how much he loves me.
Oliver so sweet gummy smile.
A good craft project.

Any craft project.
Tutus, bows, painting.... anything (ie our awesome $1  frames), making over... anything (ie: Oliver's awesome dresser), fleece/fabric flowers, craft time with Wesley, baking crazy concoctions, etc etc etc.
Any thankfully my husband fully supports my craftiness <3

I have mounds of ribbon, buckets of different types of paint, piles of paper in varying shades of awesomeness, leaps of fleece and fabrics and toile, any kind of ziggy zaggy scissor, buttons and stickers and rub ons, pom poms, glitter, rhinestones and pearls. You name it and I probably have it, and every inch of it all makes me happy.

As of late I have been making some super cute fleece flower headbands which I'm in LOVE with! They are so cute and dainty and work perfect for newborn props :)




I've also been doing a frame project that is FINALLY finished and fabulous if I do say so myself! It's going down our hallway and most of the frames I already had and what I didn't I got for just $1 at either the Dollar Store or Michael's (the thick colorful wood ones are from Michael's) and I just revamped them with lots of spray paint & water colors.
I originally got the idea from this picture 
which was posted by photographer Laura Winslow on her photography board where she does a  "wall art Wednesday" (which I look forward to each week) blog here
I love all of the color and the idea of adding in the kids artwork into it and since we can't really paint I thought this would be perfect!
And it definitely makes this place feel more "home-y"
(You can click the picture to enlarge it)

From the front door-ish


opposite direction

What you see from the living room

Now to keep them all straight =o
& I promise they aren't as crooked as they appear in the pics ;)

Some have extra little fun touches like my fleece flowers and foam letters



Also I've been getting frames ready for the boys soon-to-be play room and I'm super stoked on those! They came out perfect! Exactly what I was envisioning. And since it'll be a little while before they are able to go up here's a little preview of those.
I really can not wait for these to go up!! 
(And yay for some Zebra print! With all the testosterone roaming through this house I have to have some "me" somewhere!)

And to add some yumminess to the blog here's my latest yummy concoction which has been a huge hit! 
Ice cream cake cupcakes! 
Yum!
This yummo recipe came from a photography board and is scrumptious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment